Monday, August 17, 2009

Family Vacation 2009

In July we took a trip to Canada and Washington State it was so beautiful. I would love to live somewhere green, but I enjoy the warmth of St.George. The first day we spent some time at Stanley Park and went to our pink hotel. The next day we went to Lynn Park Suspension Bridge it was up so high and the river water was so clear. After that some of us went kayaking it was a lot of fun, but hard to get the hang of. There was huge jellyfish in the water I was so surprised even when I put my fists together they were still bigger then that.



There was so many beautiful trees everywhere we went.

After that we ate at The Revolving Restaraunt it had an amazing view of Vancouver (it's a much bigger city then I thought).


The next day we went to Vancouver Aquarium I enjoyed that a lot all the fish, jellyfish, dolphin show, and a 4D movie that sprayed us and poked us a lot. I couldn't believe the size of the sea otters they are so big at least as long as a lab. We saw some totem poles that were really neat to see what animals the carvings were supposed to be. Then we went to Granville market it was a fun little area with really good corned beef and fudge.

Then we went to Science World I was surprised how many things it had to do. There was a wheelchair race, shadow room, dance room, mirror that makes you look like your flying, fear room, etc.

Saturday we went to the Butterfly Gardens that was so cool they were flying all around us and one landed on Lucy's head. There was so many of them!

Then we went to Butchart Gardens it had such a big selection of plants I was really surprised how big it was. This spot reminded me of 'Alice in Wonderland'. That night there was a firework show and it was my favorite firework show ever. It played music and had fog and had little shapes such as stars that lit up from the fireworks.

Saturday we went to Victoria which is a really cute island town it would be fun to live there. I like the laid back feel of island towns.
Sunday we went whale watching and saw at least five orca's. I love killer whales. One of them was the orca from 'Free Willy'. The dorsel fin is so tall.


Monday we went to Port Angeles and saw Forks and now it makes complete sense why the new girl was getting so much attention from the whole school. The size of it reminded me of Parrowan. We visited The Lost Mountain Lavender Farm mom looked so cute in the fields of lavender with her little basket picking lavender. We went to Marymere Falls in Olympic National Park. We spent the night in a happy lodging called Kalaloch. I loved all the green and fog.


Tuesday we went to the Hall of Mosses, La Push beach, and Beach 4. They were all so beautiful it would be fun to live out there, but hard to find a job I bet.
La Push
Beach 4 is where we found all of the sea anenomes and starfish.

4 comments:

  1. Cute pictures! Sounds really fun. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you had such a fun vacation. Now I'm interested in visiting Vancouver. I like your pics. The one of Dad holding Lucy and the starfish is great. I can picture Mom gathering the lavender. If we stay in TX, you'll hopefully get a chance to visit the South sometime. I'm glad you avoided the vampires and werewolves. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fun memories :) I'm glad we got to explore that region of the world.I don't think any fireworks show will ever be more memorable. :)

    ReplyDelete